/// Wednesday, November 16

SharpDevelop, NRefactory Doing it Right

If you're like me you probably didn't like SharpDevelop 1.1 too much. It was prone to crash. Since I've been using Boo lately, I gave SharpDevelop 2.0 a look. I build it manually from SVN. What have these guys been drinking? I want some. It's a drastic improvement over the previous version. You still encounter errors here and there but mostly for unimplemented features. It's not ready for prime time as it's a work-in-progress but it's very usable.

Daniel Grunwald is a machine. In addition to being a mad coder on SharpDevelop team, he's created tutorial videos on how to create add-ins and NRefactory. Check out this video on NRefactory. Wow! It's only a matter of time before SharpDevelop 2.0 rivals Eclipse in refactoring. Personally, I'd rather have Eclipse-like refactoring and integrated unit-testing than the new stuff in VS2005. I've also heard good comments from the Boo masters the add-in architecture is well thought out. Maybe SharpDevelop will start a trend like Eclipse did for Java. BIG KUDOS to the SharpDevelop team.

Comments:

hey i second that.

just finished my first small project with sd2. it rocks!
 
Hey, I third that...

SD2Beta3 Rocks, though VB.NET Support is a bit clunky. And, boo rocks as well...
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?